Error Message: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
The system resource (kernel mode memory) usage of the Trend Micro software is very high, and prevents other applications and/or system drivers from working properly.
Effected software applications:
Trend/Micro Client Security Server and Trend Micro Internet Security Suite
Note: The following steps require editing the registry. Before you edit the registry, export the keys in the registry that you plan to edit, or back up the whole registry. Incorrect registry changes may cause serious issues. Should this occur, restore it by referring to the "Restoring the Registry" Help topic in Regedit.exe or the "Restoring a Registry Key" Help topic in Regedt32.exe.
Solution: There are three parts to this fix.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
4. Type IRPStackSize, and then press ENTER to name the value.
Note: Type IRPStackSize exactly as it is displayed. The value name is case sensitive.
5. Click Edit, and then click Modify.
6. In the Data Value box, type the value that is appropriate for the network we have been using 20, and then click OK.
If the problem persists after you complete this procedure, increase the value of IRPStackSize even more.
Manually set PagedPoolSize to the maximum value and enable the SystemMapView option.
To set the PagedPoolSize to maximum:
1. Open the Registry Editor:
a. From the desktop, click Start > Run.
b. Type "regedit" then click OK.
2. Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management hive.
3. Change the value of the "PagedPoolSize" key to FFFFFFFF (hex)
Set SystemPages to Zero
1. Click Start > click Run > type Regedit
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\Memory Management\ and make sure that the value of the registry entry SystemPages = 0
3. Close the registry.
4. Restart the Trend Micro Services by Rebooting / Restarting the Computer.